To be eligible to participate in the work and travel program, you must:
- be between 18 and 30 years of age when applying for the visa (Canadian, French and Irish: up to 35 years of age)
- hold a valid Australian working holiday visa. You can apply for this visa online via the Department of Homeaffairs website.
- have basic English communication skills, particularly regarding instruction and advice on workplace safety
- possess a passport valid for at least six months longer than your planned departure from Australia
- possess a driver’s licence for manual cars from your own country. An international licence is only necessary if you intend to rent a hire car.
- possess comprehensive travel insurance (see “Links”)
- have a credit card with at least A$900 credit available for personal expenses until payment of your first wages (or the same amount in cash).
be a citizen of one of the countries that have an agreement with Australia on the Working Holiday Maker Program. A list including the number of available visas can be found on the website of the Australian Government, Department of Home Affairs
for the WHV Subclass 462
- for the WHV Subclass 417 (no caps; click „Details“ of „Hold this passport“)